Orange and Chocolate Pancakes
Recipe by Ansie Smit
One of our favorite food bloggers @fansiefood has joined our Vegaliano family to share her most delicious vegan recipes and hotspots and show us how she is discovering a more sustainable life.
- 200 grams of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 30 grams of melted vegan butter / margarine
- 250 ml of vegetable milk
- 70 grams of dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of orange jam
- 2 tablespoons sweet orange spread
- Combine the flour, sugar, milk and melted butter in a mixing bowl and mix well with a whisk until you
- no longer see lumps.
- Then add the baking powder and mix one more time.
- Heat a skillet or your favorite pancake pan over medium heat. Make sure your pan is non-stick,
- otherwise use some extra oil or butter for frying.
- Add a few tablespoons of the batter to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side, until both sides
- are golden brown.
- Repeat until all your batter is used up.
- Melt the dark chocolate au bain-maire or in the microwave.
- Spread a layer of the orange jam and the sweet orange spread on each pancake.
- Stack them on top of each other and pour the melted chocolate over the stack of pancakes.
- You can also put some of the chocolate on each pancake and eat them separately instead of as a stack!