Recipe by Yolanda Cruz-Suarez
Yolanda Cruz-Suarez is the founder of @Vegansofzuri which is the leading Vegan Food Guide on Instagram for Switzerland. It features hundreds of local restaurant reviews and many plant-based recipes.
Inside these classic golden balls "arancini" is a creamy risotto stuffed with Mozzarisella plant-based cheese, rolled in panko breadcrumbs and deep-fried until crispy on the outside and gooey 'n unctuous on the inside. So freakin' delicious! 💯👅 You will not be able to resist devouring them in one sitting!
Gently heat 1.5 cups risotto rice with 3 tbsp. of olive oil + 2 garlic cloves finely chopped for 2mins. Add 120ml white wine and large pinch of saffron. Gradually add 3 cups vegetable stock water stirring continuously. Once the rice is cooked stir in 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast, pinch of salt and zest of 1/4 lemon (optional). Leave to cool in the fridge.
- Weigh 95g risotto mix, place on a tea-towel over one hand and place mixture on top. Flatten out rice into circular shape.
- Put a 1inch cube of Mozzarisella into the center and using the tea-towel fold up sides and tighten into a ball shape.
- Roll in flour and then repeat with rest of the rice.
- Next, mix flour and water in a bowl to create a thick cream texture.
- Roll balls into wet flour mix until coated then roll into panko breadcrumbs until completed coated.
- Deep-fry balls until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with garlic ailoi and/or a tomato dipping sauce.