Recipe by Vanessa Fernandez
Food enthusiast @recipe.refashioned has joined our Vegaliano family to share her easy to follow home cooked meals and show us how to cook with passion & serve with love.
- 250 g Gluten free Red Lentil Pasta
- 1 jar of Tomato Passata
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium aubergine, washed peeled partly and diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 veg stock cube
- 1 tbsp Vegan Cheese Mozzarisella Spreadable Blue
- 1 tbsp Vegan Cheese Gondino Truffle flavor grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Some pasta water
- Few basil leaves
- In a medium skillet, add the oil, preheat over medium heat, add half the aubergine, cook until it develops color stirring often, remove on a paper towel-lined plate and continue with more oil and the rest of the aubergine.
- Next, add a bit more oil to the pan, add the onion and garlic, sauté for a few minutes until softened, then add chilies and cook for 30 seconds, add passata, salt, pepper, and some basil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Use some of the pasta water to thicken sauce if needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in the sauce, add the risella, and some vegan truffle cheese. Mix well and serve hot with more vegan truffle cheese and fresh basil. You can add fried onions on top if you like.