Recipe by Pascal Vander Hass
Pascal is the person behind @Passiekookt She started her food blog as she has been passionate about cooking for as long as she can remember and wanted to share this passion with others as well! Pascal started eating more plant based a few years ago. This has made her think about recipes in a more creative way. She loves to veganize dishes, especially when people don’t even notice.
- 4 tomatoes
- 240g Fermaggio mezzarella
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tbsp basil pistachio pesto
- 8gr fresh basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini into 1/2 cm slices and sprinkle generously with salt. Let the zucchini “sweat” for 5 minutes and then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the olive oil in the grill pan and grill the zucchini on both sides to create beautiful grill marks.
- Cut the tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1 / 2cm slices.
- Serve the caprese on a large platter by alternating slices of grilled zucchini, tomato, and mozzarella, or serve in batches on 4 separate plates.
- Finally sprinkle with the pesto and garnish with some fresh basil leaves.