Recipe by Pascal Vander Hass
Pascal is the person behind @Passiekookt She started her food blog as she has been passionate about cooking for as long as she can remember and wanted to share this passion with others as well! Pascal started eating more plant based a few years ago. This has made her think about recipes in a more creative way. She loves to veganize dishes, especially when people don’t even notice.
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 2 shallots - chopped
- 200 gr risotto rice - Arborio
- 50 ml of white wine
- 1 liter of mushroom stock *
- 30 gr Gondino cheese - grated
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 300 gr mixed mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 2 lumps of Salty Vegan Butter
- Salt pepper
- Bring a pan with the water and stock cube to the boil. In the meantime, finely chop the shallots and garlic. Heat a knob of butter in a heavy-bottomed pan and fry the shallot until translucent. Add the garlic and a dash of truffle oil and fry briefly.
- Then add the risotto rice and fry the grains until they become translucent. Deglaze with the wine and let the rice fully absorb the wine.
- Add a ladle of warm stock and stir. Cook over a low heat until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Add another ladle of stock and repeat until all stock is gone or until the rice is cooked through. This will take about 20 minutes. Then the rice is done, but it still has a nice bite.
- Meanwhile, fry the mixed mushrooms in a little butter until golden brown and soft. Cut 1/2 zucchini into cubes and fry with it. Thinly slice the other 1/2 zucchini with a cheese slicer and grill briefly in the grill pan.
- As soon as the risotto rice is cooked, stir the Gondino cheese and a knob of butter into the rice. Heat this until the cheese and butter have melted. Finally, spoon the mixed mushrooms and zucchini into the risotto
- Place a cooking ring on a plate and line the inside with 2 slices of grilled zucchini. Spoon
- it up to the edge of the zucchini full of risotto. Gently lift the cooking ring. Divide some
- mushrooms over it. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.